“Instead of liberation from being categorically defined as the victim/sex/fetal-incubation class, the conservative feminist clings to that narrow definition of woman, believing that if she lets go of the feminine role she will float away into that dark void of nothingness. This, she calls equality or complementarity or femininity or some other nice-sounding word.
Yet, what she clings to is a substitute of equality and liberation- the promise of safety in a world of men, attained via heterosexual marriage. It is a promise of male protection in exchange for letting men steer the ship. Instead of questioning or fighting against male entitlement to engage in violence and domination (also known as Rape Culture), the conservative feminist accepts it as a fact of life and works within it as a matter of survival.”
“…for the consideration of our readers, here are a few proposed questions to test whether a remark is sexist:
- Is the remark designed to make women (but not men) uncomfortable?
- Does the remark limit women’s (but not men’s) freedom of expression or behavior?
- Is the remark likely to make those who hear it take women less than seriously because of their gender?
- Could the remark also be applied to men and make sense?
- Does the remark make generalizations about individuals based on gender?”
Don Draper throws up on himself every so often.
I have the most beautiful kitten ever. look at those green eyes! :3